Friday 4 September 2015

The Search for a Direction

This week I decided to let Google decide my destination.  I typed the full description of each fixture into the search box and I will go to the game that offers the highest number of hits.  It's not random in the strict mathematical sense but I personally had no idea what the outcome would be.  The five games are at Step 3 venues on this season's priority list, the only ones with a fixture.  Here's the evidence in the form of screenshots.

108k


286k


122k


83,700 (83.7k)


170k

We find that Grantham Town v Marine gives the highest number of search results by quite a margin.  At this point I have no idea why - maybe it is a fixture with a more extensive history or perhaps there is one particular game, notable for some reason, that influences the result count.

It's a trip up the Great North Road on Saturday, then.  Hope you all have a great footballing day wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment